Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Semester 1 Blog

Semester 1 Final

      Throughout the first semester of this class I have really stepped up to help out on the production side. Last year, I didn't really want anything to do with the production standpoint but this year I have really stepped up to help Blades and Nicole. I have learned to try new things in order to produce the show. I have edited 1 episode of Gameday and it was a lot easier than I thought. Another strength for me is coming to (almost) every single Football/soccer broadcast. Also, this year I tried something new by announcing the soccer game. Since I know a lot about soccer from playing it for so many years, it was a challenge for me to try this new thing.

   
      On the other hand, during my golf season, I am really busy and its hard for me to cover regular events because of my own practices and tournaments. Although I don't cover many events during the fall season, I make up to it by coming to mostly all of the broadcasts. I wish I could have more time so that I could make up those events during my fall golf season, but unfortunately, golf makes it very tough. Another way I can make it up is by coming to all of the basketball broadcasts and filming some of the winter and spring events. It will be a challenge for me to balance this with golf, it always has been. I can improve myself in this class by making enough time and commitment to make myself better in this class.



      My plan for this semester would be to improve my editing skills, production standpoint, and my anchoring skills. Learning how to ad-lib while looking at highlights is new and a good thing to try. it has been a challenge for all of us in this class. But I guess a start to my plan would be getting myself to do more in this class. I feel like I do a lot on the production side and coming to the broadcasts so something that I could do would be covering for a few more events. I also would like to see myself get better at learning new things and wanting to try new things. So, next semester, I could try to learn tricaster? Or maybe just learn how to use it. Anyway, my plan is to try new things next semester. Maybe we could try to do that on-call phone call with an athlete or player? Im not exactly sure how it would work but I think it would be something that we should try and learn from it!! I feel like I have really grown as a person while in this class. I have really come a long way from when I first walked in this class. I have become more of an open-minded person and have really grown into becoming a better person. This class has really helped me become a better editor, reporter, announcer, and everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment